Auckland, NEW ZEALAND Weather

Saturday, June 25, 2011

...and I only hit one curb!


I’ve done it!

Having watched Lewis drive through the treacherous, curvy mountains and now returning to flat land, I mustered up my courage and got behind the wheel. It was glorious.

Driving was fairly easy – I only hit one curb - but what made it so great were Lewis’ reactions. At one point he was looking down at his lap and looked up just as we were heading into a curve. In a brief moment of panic, he jumped and grabbed for the non-existent steering wheel in front of him. That made this whole trip worthwhile because, as you may know, he does not startle easily (or at least he is really good at hiding it) and that makes it all the funnier. I only wish that I had it on camera. 


One-lane bridges abound in NZ. We even shared one with a train track!!

Vineyards are also quite plentiful here, although this explains why some of the wine tastes the way it does...

No comments:

Post a Comment